Heineken (field trip #4)

Today we visited Heineken's bottling facility and it was really fun. I have been looking forward to this field trip because my dad and I like Heineken, in fact Heineken is my dad's favorite beer. Throughout the tour we learned a lot about the business. Heineken is the number one lager in Ireland and I found that really impressive. We also learned that it take 28 days to brew Heineken from start to finish. This is something I found shocking because I assumed it was a much quicker process than that. Although, it does not take that long to fully make every beer they brew in that plant. It depends on what you are making to determine how long it takes. I also learned that Heineken launched a 0.0 beer last March. I found this extremely interesting because I had no clue 0.0 beers existed. So I thought that was pretty cool, although I did not enjoy it as much as a regular Heineken.  Another thing I really liked about this company is that they want their employees to be safe before anything else. So much so that they put it on the wall. I think this is a wonderful reminder to the staff at the plant to be safe before anything.



Comments

  1. Heineken was my favorite business stop that we made throughout our trip. I enjoyed learning about the business side of the company as well as walking through the plant to see and learn a little bit about how they make the beer. The people at Heineken seemed so genuine and I think it was very nice of them to let all of us have a pint of their beer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Expanding World Views #1

Expanding World Views #2

Trinity College (field trip #2)